Why use EUROMOD?
EUROMOD is widely used in policy-relevant research, including within academic disciplines from public economics to comparative social policy.
Key strengths of the model include:
- The only multi-country tax-benefit model available for the EU
- The only accessible model for many individual EU countries
- Harmonised input data and policy simulations for all countries
- Highly flexible policy settings
- Intuitive user interface
- Special-purpose tax-benefit modelling language
- Extensive library of policies
- Continually updated and developed
EUROMOD can be linked to, or used alongside, other types of model (behavioural, macro-economic or environmental) as a tax-benefit policy calculator or to provide a distributional perspective.
EUROMOD’s flexibility means that it can be adapted to shortcut the process of building tax-benefit models with potentially comparable outputs for any country.